Wellington West Retirement Community
DIRECTOR OF CARE
We’re Wellington West Retirement Living, and we believe that enjoying life is what Vibrant Seniors Living should be all about. We hire outstanding people who truly care about seniors and understand their needs. We value our staff and believe in providing a culture that cultivates and celebrates success, offering excellent benefits and perks, and a vibrant, fun, safe work environment and much more! As we continue to expand, we invite you to be a part of building a reputation that will stand the test of time. If you are passionate, creative, caring and energetic, we would like to hear from you!
Wellington West Retirement Community, located in Ottawa, Ontario is actively seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Care will be responsible for planning, directing and supervising health care programs and services for residents, ensuring compliance with all Federal and Provincial regulations and following the standards as set out by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Oversee the drug administration programs for residents including control and safekeeping of drugs and narcotics.
- Establish and monitor a care plan for each resident to ensure the level and quality of agreed upon care.
- Determines Nursing and Personal Care Attendant staffing requirements and is directly responsible for the recruitment, selection, orientation, education, performance management and administration of schedules for the departmental staff.
- Adheres to the standards of The Retirement Homes Act and regulations, as well as the standards, policies and procedures of Signature Retirement Living.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within the team, with residents and clients and families as well as external service resources.
- Demonstrate solid nursing, leadership and organizational skills.
WHO YOU ARE
- Maintains a current registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Approximately 5 -7 years of relevant experience.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Able to work under minimal supervision, and demonstrate the ability to effectively supervise others.
- Strong English language communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire.
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org